1) Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words
What are the reasons why people who have mental illness differ in each people? What are some of the common mental illnesses and how would we treat them?
2) There has been new research conducted regarding the relationship between crime and mental illness. When working with a forensic population that also has symptoms of mental illness, it is important to understand this relationship in order to properly assist these individuals. This assignment will help you become familiar with the relationship between crime and mental illness so that you can better deliver services to this population.
Review this week’s University Library Resources. In particular, watch “Intersections of Mental Health and Incarceration.”
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word analysis of the video that describes the relationship between crime and mental illness. Include the following:
- Summarize the main points in the video regarding crime and mental illness.
- Explain the relationship between crime and mental illness.
- Describe treatment considerations for the mentally ill population in the correctional setting.
- Describe how the prevalence of mental illness in the criminal justice system affects society.
Include a minimum of three sources.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.