Ashford University Discussion
In your introduction for this course you were asked to share your perspective on parenting. In this discussion we will build on that idea by looking at how parenting has changed and what parenting looks like today. There are two parts to this discussion.
First, address the following:
- Describe at least two ways that you think parenting has changed in the last 25 years.
Then, after reading the article “25 Years of Parenting: A Look Back and a Look Ahead” and section 1.3 of
your course text, address the following:
- Explain how your understanding of parenting that you shared in your introduction post does or does not align with the ideas shared in the article.
- Discuss at least two ideas that were shared in the article that were surprising to you about how parenting has changed.
- Describe how using this information, along with your knowledge of child development, will help your work with families.
Ashford University Discussion
This course is titled “Understanding Behavior and Family Dynamics.” In order to fully understand these ideas, we must have a thorough understanding of what family is so that we can provide family-centered support. Viewing the child as an integral part of the family helps one develop a more culturally sensitive approach. Everything we do must support the family as a whole in order to be able to advocate for the needs of the children we work with.(Supporting Partnerships for Success, n.d.).
To prepare for this discussion, read Chapter 1 of your course text and watch the video 2010’s American Family Defined:
Then, address the following:
- Examine how the definition of family shared in the video 2010’s American Family Defined is similar or different to the definition of family shared in your course text. Make sure to include specific examples to support your examination.
- Describe what providing family-centered support means to you. Use the “Guiding Principles of Family Support Programs” document to support your ideas.
- Summarize how understanding the definition of family will allow you to be family centered when advocating for children and their families. Support your summary with one additional scholarly source.
Guided Response: Review several of your peers’ responses. Respond to at least two of your peers and share an example of how you will bring one of the ideas they shared about being family centered to life in your work with children and their families.
Though two replies is the basic expectation, for deeper engagement and learning you are encouraged to provide responses to any comments or questions others have posted for you. Remember, continuing to engage with peers and the instructor will further the conversation and provide you with opportunities to demonstrate your content expertise, critical thinking, and real-world experiences with this topic.
Ashford University Assignment Submision Week 1 Assignment
After viewing the video Positive Discipline for Toddlers (for an alternate accessible resource read “Diana Baumrind’s (1996) Prototypical Descriptions of 3 Parenting Styles”) and reviewing the Parenting Style Questionnaire, write a three- to four-page paper that includes the following:
- Compare and contrast two parenting styles (i.e., uninvolved parenting, permissive parenting, authoritarian parenting, or authoritative parenting).
- Explain, for one developmental stage between 2 and 15 years of age, how parenting styles influence a child’s behavior in the classroom.
- Explain how modifications in parenting can create a positive family environment.
- Assignment Length: Your written paper must be at least three to four pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
- Title Page: Inclusion of a separate title page with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Source Requirement: Reference three scholarly sources in addition to the text. All sources included in the reference list must be cited in the portfolio.
- APA Formatting: Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment, which includes citations in the body of the assignment, the title page, and references list, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
Pre calculus 4 assignments
|Unit 5 Individual Project|
|Deliverable Length:||3–4 pages|
Read the following article by Jay Feldman and answer the questions that follow:
There was a time in the not so distant past when many, if not most, publicly held corporations, including the one for which I worked, embraced in their mission statements, codes of conduct and similar pronouncements a responsibility to serve multiple stakeholders: their stockholders, of course, but also their employees as well as customers, suppliers and the community in which they operated. Today, all too many companies, in deed and often in word, articulate a single-minded obligation to serve only their investors by focusing exclusively on profitability.
As a result, we have witnessed corporate downsizings and outsourcing of jobs; restructuring of pension plans or their complete termination; reductions in health care benefits; and wage stagnation in spite of increased productivity. Domestic suppliers have been squeezed or, more often, replaced by cheap foreign sources. Customers seeking service are confronted with automated answering machines and foreign call centers. Environmental concerns are viewed as obstacles to profitability.
At the same time, the senior managers of these enterprises have seen their compensation grow exponentially as a reward for their perceived contributions to the bottom line.
Sadly, what these corporations fail to appreciate is how their obsession with the bottom line is shrinking their markets, both domestic and foreign. The large number of people unemployed, underemployed, afraid of losing their jobs or without the means to pay all their bills perpetuates the present worldwide economic crisis.
Add to this the unwillingness of businesses to pay their fair share of taxes to support education, health care and the infrastructure that is critical to their success. In the end, these self-serving practices endanger the very profitability their practitioners seek to enhance.
We need to return to the earlier model of the corporation as a good citizen. Doing so can help ensure the long-term viability of our free enterprise system.
JAY N. FELDMAN
Port Washington, N.Y., Aug. 27, 2012
The writer is a retired corporate lawyer.
Considering the passage above, write a paper of 3–4 pages that addresses the following:
Consider deontological ethics, teleological ethics, moral objectivism, and ethical relativism in your argument. Provide at least 3 valid reasons to support your argument. Also, be sure to include the following in your paper:
Identify your argument—or thesis statement—within the introduction of your paper.
Include definitions of utilitarianism, Categorical Imperatives, Process Philosophy, moral relativism, moral absolutism, ethical relativism, moral objectivism, deontological ethics, and teleological ethics.
Consider morality and ethics from the perspective of Alfred North Whitehead’s process philosophy, and Immanuel Kant’s universal categorical imperative. Could you argue that Businesses can have ethical standards, despite the fact that Businesses are not moral agents? Why or why not? Please explain.
Distinguish between descriptive and normative definitions of morality
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Feldman, J. (2012, August 27). Sunday Dialogue: How Corporations Behave. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/opinion/sunday/sunday-dialogue-how-corporations-behave.html?ref=ethics
|Date Due:||Sunday, Dec 09, 2012|
|Submitted Files:||Submit Assignment|
|Instructor Comments:||No comments have been made|
I need a proposal for a class for a new service that requires that others assist by giving money and staff.
for PERFECTO ONLY ..
follow these instructions:
Describe the vocal and instrumental performance and the lyrics, paying special attention to:
a) The instruments that stand out and any solo instrumental parts.
b) Technique used in strumming, plucking, bowing, etc.
c) Vocal production: breath control and vowel placement in singing technique; use of chest
voice or falsete.
d) Singing style: phrasing.
e) Lyrics (Refer to the reader for translations.): Do the lyrics convey any message? Is
there any imagery used? What is the tone of the lyrics? Defiant? Tender? Remorseful?
Passionate? Detached? Lyrically, is this a happy, sad, introspective, or superficial piece?
f) List the following at the beginning of each review:
1. Title of the selection and genre: son jarocho, son de mariachi, huapango, corrido, etc.
2. Name of the composer (if known).
3. Name of the vocalist or ensemble.
Over the years, trait theory has been increasingly used by corporations in hiring and in career counseling. Research has shown that certain combinations of personality traits fit well with different career paths. Thus, personality trait tests for specific jobs can be predictive of both success and satisfaction. Understanding your own personality-trait combinations can give you great insight into your own strengths and weaknesses. With this understanding, you can work to grow your strengths and minimize your weaknesses.
In this assignment, you will explore your personality using a personality test and then analyze the results.
First, explore your personality preferences by completing Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MTBI). The full version of the test can only be administered by a trained professional; however, there are many online informal versions of the test which you can find on the Internet. You can search for the test using any one of the following keywords:
- Personality test + Myers-Briggs typology
- Myers-Briggs test
Record your four-lettered personality type after completion of the test and use the Internet to interpret your personality type.
In this part of the assignment, you will write a research paper that analyses your results. Do the following:
- Mention your four-letter type and the URL of the Web site where you took the test.
- Discuss whether this type accurately represents what you know about yourself. Examine the four spectrums and explain your answer thoroughly. Substantiate your agreement or disagreement with real-life behavioral examples.
- Analyze what you consider the strengths and the weaknesses or challenges of this type. List three strengths and three weaknesses and provide a rationale for each.
- Evaluate why this test could be a valuable tool for an employer.
- Analyze how a clinician may use this test as a tool for promoting meaningful interventions in treatment.
- Summarize what you have learned about yourself through this exercise.
Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
Rather than being the cheapest, this online essay writing service is cost-effective. We are confident in our writers’ ability to do a good job because we hire the best experts and perform quarterly reviews of satisfaction metrics.
+1 (940) 905-5542