Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
What are the motivators of sex offenders and sex crimes? Describe some characteristics of different types of sex offenders.
What are the long-term impacts on the victims?
Locate current crime statistics in your area for one of the offenses:
- Contact offense against child
- Non-contact offense against a child
- Contact offense against an adult
- Non-contact offense against an adult
Write a 525- to 700-word paper on the specific type of offense.
Include the following:
- Research this type of offense. What are the typical motivators for the offender?
- Describe the characteristics of offenders who typically commit the selected offense.
- Describe the victim’s profile (as connected to an offender’s victim pool). Include common reactions of a victim related to a sexual offense.
- Describe the different types of laws related to the selected offense and how the offense is normally prosecuted.
- Describe the effectiveness of statutes and laws in reducing the occurrence of sex crimes.
Include a minimum 2 sources.