READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. I HAVE ATTACHED A SCORING RUBRIC and A SAMPLE PAPER.
For this Antecedents, Behavior, and Consequences assignment, use the “Problems in Math Class” activity on page 83 in Chapter 3 of Functional Assessment. Focus on the behaviors of Ramone. Create a blank Functional Analysis Observation Form (FAOF) using Table 3-8 on page 83 of Functional Assessment as a guide to document the behaviors of Ramone.
The disruptive target behaviors for this analysis will include Ramone’s:
- Refusals (such as not answering, not working at the board).
- Poking another student.
- Dropping his materials.
You will also target his cooperative behavior of saying the rule.
Use the table you have created to record:
- The antecedents (A) that trigger the behavior.
- The consequences (C) that follow the behavior.
- The setting events (SE) that may be affecting behavior.
Remember that there may not be setting events for each instance of behavior, but they may be present throughout the activity. Antecedents and consequences may also occur across paragraphs.
Once you have completed the table:
- Use the space below the table to list the patterns or consistencies in antecedents and consequences that appear to be related to the disruptive behaviors.
- Develop a summary statement concerning antecedents, disruptive behaviors, and consequences. Then develop a summary statement concerning antecedents, cooperative behavior, and consequences.
Other Assignment Requirements
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Format: Use current APA 6th edition style and formatting guidelines.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Length: 2–3 pages minimum, double-spaced.
- References: A sufficient number of scholarly sources