Please respond to the following.
For this week’s collaborative activity, review Apple Inc.’s most recent financial statements. Click to review Apple’s Financial Information.
- Based on your analysis of Apple’s most recent financial statements, predict whether Apple’s financial health will likely improve or deteriorate over the next five (5) years. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Examine Apple’s statement of cash flows. Recommend at least two (2) actions that Apple could take in order to maximize the use of its cash flows. Provide a rationale for your response.
“Accounting Systems and Accruals”
Please respond to the following:
For this week’s Discussion, research the most common threats to a computerized accounting system using the Internet and/or Strayer databases. Be prepared to discuss.
- Upon examination of the greatest threats to a computerized accounting system, suggest two (2) preventive measures or remedies that protect the system and/or mitigate any negative impacts to the system. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Your boss is concerned that the company’s computerized accounting system is vulnerable to attack. After reviewing the system, you’re in agreement. Write a brief report (approximately one  paragraph in length) of how someone might hack into your systems and commit fraud with the accruals. What major damages to the company’s financial statements could result from such a fraud?”
“Accounting for Inventories”
Please respond to the following:
- As a Financial Accountant, determine the best type of income statement a retailer should use. Defend your suggestion.
the different inventory valuation methods discussed in the textbook. Based
on your analysis, recommend the most accurate valuation method that
reflects current economic conditions. Provide a rationale for your
OB at Work
Now that you’ve read Chapter 1 and the Trader Joe’s case, how can you grow your OB skills in the workplace? Let’s explore this as you respond to the following:
- How will OB enhance your skills for managing individuals and teams in dynamic organizations?
- Provide an example of a time when you used OB, or when you witnessed the application of OB at work.
Diversity in the Workplace
Watch the video:
Using what you’ve learned from the video, make your case for diversity. Respond to only one of the following questions:
- What are a few examples of how diversity influences the workplace?
- What benefits can a diverse workforce provide to an organization?
- What possible ramifications could there be for an organization that does not embrace diversity?
- What strategies can managers implement to enhance cultural awareness and overcome preconceived biases or stereotypes?
Emotional Intelligence and Job Satisfaction
Watch this video:
Respond to the following questions:
- How does emotional intelligence enhance the work environment?
- How does emotional intelligence contribute to job satisfaction? Provide at least two examples.
“Supply and Demand” Please respond to the following:
- From the scenario for Katrina’s Candies, examine the key factors affecting the demand for and the supply of a good in general and Katrina’s Candies specifically. Distinguish between a change in demand and a change in the quantity demanded (movement along the demand curve). Propose two (2) methods in which organizations that provide the good may utilize this information.
“Estimating Demand and Its Elasticities” Please respond to the following:
- From the scenario for Katrina’s Candies, examine the procedure Herb will use to estimate the demand model developed in the scenario for Week 1. Analyze the elasticity of demand for products within the selected industry relevant to Katrina’s Candies. Determine the factors involved in making decisions about pricing these products that you believe to be the most influential.
“Managing in the Global Economy and Outsourcing Offshore” Please respond to the following:
- From the scenario for Katrina’s Candies, assuming the absence of quantitative data, determine the qualitative forecasting techniques that could be used within this scenario. Now, assume you have acquired some time series data that would enable you to make forecasts. Ascertain the quantitative technique that will provide you with the most accurate forecast.
- When deciding whether or not to outsource offshore, list the key factors aside from maximizing profits that managers should consider. Determine the key factors that you believe to be the most influential.