- Solve problem 68 on page 539 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra, and make sure to study the given graph. For the purposes of the assignment, it would be helpful to copy the graph onto your own scratch paper.
- Write a two to three page paper that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the example and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, please make sure to include:
- An answer to the three questions asked about given real-world situation.
- An application of the given situation to the following two scenarios:
- The Burbank Buy More store is going to make an order which will include at most 60 refrigerators. What is the maximum number of TVs which could also be delivered on the same 18-wheeler? Describe the restrictions this would add to the existing graph.
- The next day, the Burbank Buy More decides they will have a television sale so they change their order to include at least 200 TVs. What is the maximum number of refrigerators which could also be delivered in the same truck? Describe the restrictions this would add to the original graph.
- An incorporation of the following math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.):
- Solid line
- Dashed line
- Linear inequality
- Test point
The paper must be at least two pages in length and formatted according to APA style. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Shipping restrictions. The accompanying graph shows all of the possibilities for the number of refrigerators and the number of TVs that will fit into an 18-wheeler.
Write an inequality to describe this region.
Will the truck hold 71 refrigerators and 118 TVs?
Will the truck hold 51 refrigerators and 176 TVs?