This signature assignment is designed to align with specific program student learning outcome(s) in your program. Program Student Learning Outcomes are broad statements that describe what students should know and be able to do upon completion of their degree. The signature assignments may be graded with an automated rubric that allows the University to collect data that can be aggregated across a location or college/school and used for program improvements.
Resources: Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Business Ethics, and Global Issues: Ch. 5 (p. 96), Ch. 7 (pp. 154-155), Ch. 8, Ch. 25, and Ch. 26; sites such as: Public Library of Law, Law Library of Congress, and Justia Virtual Chase law database
Scenario: Your company’s board of directors is exploring expansion of your business and is looking to you to prepare an analysis (Part I) and presentation (Part II) regarding whether that expansion should be domestic or international.
Prepare an analysis of the property rights, risks, and benefits of each in a minimum of 1,050 words, excluding the title and reference page, including the following:
- Decide what actions a manager in your business should take to identify and protect the tangible property rights of your domestic and international business.
- Summarize the actions a manager in your business should take to identify and protect the intellectual property rights of your domestic and international business.
- Explain what actions a manager in your business should take to identify and protect the organization from violating the intellectual property (IP) rights of others.
- Analyze what special problems arise regarding property rights when your business decides to do business outside the United States.
- Evaluate the legal risks associated with all property rights, domestically and internationally, for your business.
- Apply the risk management process to mitigate the legal risks for your business.
- Evaluate contract formation in your business as it relates to its Intellectual Property and recommend one contract method of contract dispute resolution for use in your business.
Cite a minimum of three scholarly references. One scholarly reference must be from the University Library.