Resource for this project is
Valacich, J., George, J., & Hoffer, J. (2015). Essentials of systems analysis and design (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.
Post your PowerPoint – Project planning in Waypoint.
Refer to the business information system proposed in week 1 power point presentation. Based on the requirements determined in the previous week, develop a project plan for the proposed business system along with an economic feasibility analysis for the proposed system. Please use Figure 4-12 in the text book to format your project plan. Additionally, develop a project scope statement, as described in Figure 4-13 of the text. Note: You don’t have to create these separately, include each section of the business plan and scope statement within your presentation.
The format of your PowerPoint presentation should be:
Slide 1: Title of PowerPoint, Course, Instructor, Date Submitted, Student Name
Slides 2-4: Consider the requirements you determined in the previous week, list and describe first two sections of the project plan for the proposed business information system (Use Fig. 4-12 in the text as a guide): Introduction (Project overview and recommendation) and System Description (alternatives and System Description).
Slides 5-7: Describe first two sections of the project plan for the proposed business information system (Use Fig. 4-12 in the text as a guide): Feasibility Assessment and Management Issues. Describe the feasibility of the proposed business information system in terms of schedule and perform a cost-benefit analysis. What type of cost-benefit analysis method you selected and why? Additionally, address any other feasibility concerns that you may have.
Slides 8-9: Create a project scope statement for the proposed business information system, see Chapter 4 (Fig. 4-13) for example. Discuss the proposed schedule for this business information system project and what will be the deliverables of the project.
Slide 10: Reference List
Project Planning PowerPoint
- Must have a minimum of 8 slides inclusive of speaker notes on each slide (not including title and references page slide) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Power Point
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.