- Paragraph #1: Summarize the film or series of episodes, briefly, in your own words.
- Paragraph #2: Analyze examples of ethos.
- Paragraph #3: Analyze examples of pathos.
- Paragraph #4: Analyze examples of logos.
Be as specific as possible when describing what was happening and why you think that particular appeal was being used. Your whole critical response should be about 400-800 words. You will submit a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file to this Canvas link, which checks for plagiarism, so be sure you are not using the Internet for “help” when crafting your summary or analysis paragraphs. Remember to MLA format your document.
Below is a list of possible films or TV shows to check out. Try Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO Go, the Internet (free streaming can be found on YouTube and other places if you dig around), or, in a pinch, you can rent something.
- Alien (1979)
- Alien: Covenant (2017)
- Aliens (1986)
- Annihilation (2018)
- Arrival (2016)
- Avatar (2009)
- E.T. (1982)
- Independence Day (1996)
- Prometheus (2012)
- Signs (2002)
- War of the Worlds (2005)
TV Shows (Aim for 2-4 episodes):
- Lost in Space
- The Orville
- Star Trek (any iterations work, but The Original Series with Spock is a classic)