Be sure to note the required essay lengths. Additionally, each question should have at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
- Discuss causes and consequences of noncompliance with lithium and possible solutions to noncompliant behaviors.
- How does serotonin impact mood, and how do SSRIs improve depressive symptoms?
- Discuss the benefits and risks of local and general anesthetics.
- What is the mechanism of action for propofol? What are the benefits of this drug? When is its use appropriate? What are the risks?
Professional Development. Each essay-answer should contain at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
- Discuss the role of dopamine in psychotic alterations. How does the role of first-generation and second-generation antipsychotics differ? Please provide an example of at least one of each type and discuss its mechanism of action.
- Discuss the difference in treating chronic and acute pain. What special considerations does each have? Choose one drug to treat acute pain and describe how it works physiologically for a specific patient population. Choose one drug to treat chronic pain and describe how it works physiologically for a specific patient population. Compare and contrast the two drugs. Could you use one to treat both types of pain? Why or why not?