Are critical care nurses exposed to FREQUENT DEATH of patients at increased risk of major depression and suicide COMPARED to medical telemetry nurses with less exposure to death of patients?
CASE STUDIES USED TO ANSWER RESEARCH QUESTION MUST NOT BE OLDER THAN 5 YEARS.
Under your INTRODUCTION where you are going to make your case for why you should do this study, you should include research on nurses and depression and suicide.
Your INSTUMENT (Becks Depression Inventory)would be described under METHODOLOGY.
A research proposal is required for IRB approval and for grants or project funding. While concise, it involves much more detailthan a poster presentation.
The primary componentsof a written proposal are as follows:
(2) Problem Statement
(3) Statement of Purpose
(4) Research Question(s) (and Hypothesis for quantitative studies)
(5) Review of Literature including Theory
(6) Study Methods
(7) Analysis Procedures
(8) Expected Key Findings/Results
(10) Expected Conclusion
WRITTEN RESEARCH PROPOSAL GRADING CRITERIA
1. Title and abstract adequately capture key concepts and the population under study (Abstract less than 300 words)
2. Introduction and Background of the Problem
3. Purpose, Problem Statement, Research Question, Significance of the Problem, and Hypothesis (if appropriate)
4. Review of Related Literature (Most of which are current)
5. Conceptual Theoretical Framework (Links problem with an existing theory)
6. Assumptions/Limitations/ Definition of Terms
7. Research Method & Design (IRB approval prior to study, interventions, sampling method, recruitment method, expected sample size, controls, instruments, reliability/validity of instruments, methods to decrease bias)
8. Data Collection Methods, Procedures & Analysis
9. Expected Results and Conclusions
10. Correct format without grammatical errors.