Social Gerontology Research Paper
Each student will select one of the following topics provided by the instructor. The research paper must be supported by current evidence-based research, case studies, and literature. The goal of this assignment is for each student to further investigate the topic impacting the aging population. The research paper must be supported by current evidence-based research, case studies, and literature. The length of the paper should be 7 pages. Please remember that the title page and the reference page(s) does NOT count as a page in the page requirements.
- Sandwich Generation
- What is the significance of this topic? How prevalent is this issue and why do we need to know more about it?
- Your introduction should comprise about 15% of the paper. in text citations
- Review of the topic in detail: What is your topic, background information the reader should know, what has been done in the past, and what is currently being done. Has this always been an issue?
- Your overview should comprise about 20% of the paper. in text citations
- How do social, political, or economic factors impact your topic area? What are the economic factors impacting your topic? What are the social factors impacting your topic? What are the political factors impacting your topic?
- Your application section should comprise 25 to 30% of the paper. in text citations
- What challenges do you see in our current society if we do not address this issue? What impact does this topic have on the individual, family, and/or society? What are potential solutions needed in to address this topic? Is there a problem that needs a policy solution (do we need more awareness, and so on)?
- Your implications section should comprise 25 to 30% of the paper. in text citations
- Provide a minimum of five professional sources of evidence-based research. These sources should include scholarly articles, peer reviews, and so on.
- Sources such as websites, Internet sources, Wikipedia, and the like are not considered scholarly sources; points will be deducted if they are used as part of the five professional sources. A good rule of thumb is that if you didn’t find it in a scholarly journal through the use of the library system, then it is probably not in the category of a scholarly article.
- Your references/sources should comprise about 10% of the paper. in text citations