Visit the website of a college or university and locate the mission statement of the institution. Copy and paste the mission statement into your Assignment and include a citation for where you found your mission statement. Using your chosen mission statement, answer the questions below. Be sure to provide a rationale for all your answers (i.e., what part of the mission statement leads you to reach your conclusions).
As you complete this short activity you should be sure to include a title page, as well as a short introduction and conclusion. The answers to the questions can be short answer and the total length of the paper should be no more than 1 or 2 pages. Format your paper, including the title and reference pages, according to APA style (6th ed.).
- What does the school value?
- What are the overarching goals?
- What is the type of student that the school would like to serve?
- What is the type of education provided?
- Is there a focus on undergraduate or graduate education?
- Is there a focus on research, teaching, or service (all, some, or none)?
- What is one thing that is unique about the institution that you have not covered in one of the other questions?
The idea here is not to do additional research on the institution, but rather to see what meaning you can make just from examining the mission statement.