Case Study 2: iPad and Kindle Reading Speeds
Due Week 6 and worth 150 points
Read the “iPad and Kindle Reading Speeds” case, located at http://www.nngroup.com/articles/ipad-and-kindle-reading-speeds/.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Speculate on two (2) major reasons that people read long-form text faster on tablets now than in the past. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Examine the major reasons why readers still read books faster than tablets. Propose two (2) changes that companies could make to tablets to change this trend around.
- Analyze the major reasons why users in the case study loved reading on iPads but hated reading on PCs. Suggest two (2) changes you could make to PCs in order to get more users to like reading on PCs.
- Agree or disagree with the notion that smartphone and tablet readers will eventually read faster on these devices compared to physical books. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe and apply usability feature and ethical issues inherent to mobile devices.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in mobile programming.
- Write clearly and concisely about mobile programming topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.