The assessment task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to analyse and improve personal leadership style and professional competence and to lead organisational transformation and learning for strategic outcomes. They will exhibit their understanding of leading transformational practices, cultivating collaborative practices, completing ongoing professional development and providing strategic leadership in a dynamic context
This assessment task consists of written task. Using the provided journal article, as a basis together with your own research, discuss the relationship between transformational and change leadership.
In your discussion, include:
- Ways in which an organisation’s objectives, plans and strategies are driven by Transformational and Change Leadership
- Description of a range of leadership styles and the effects these have on responding to the impact of change on people and processes
- Role of collaboration in change processes
- Outline of data collection methods utilised in the journal article and their findings
- Explanation of organisational design and building in responsiveness of operations to change in customer or market conditions based on the findings of the journal article and your own research.
This assessment task requires a substantive discussion and the production of a written report.
- meet with your assessor to clarify the questions if required
- provide suitable examples where necessary
- give reference to information you have gathered from any additional sources
- submit your notes.
Your assessor will be looking for:
●reflect on and improve own development, personal leadership style and self-management skills
●demonstrate the application of leadership styles and approaches appropriate to individuals involved, the outcomes being sought and the context
●model and encourage collaboration
●provide strategic leadership during a change process
●effectively manage workplace relationships
●analyse relevant legislation, information and intelligence sources.
Adjustment for distance-based learners
●No variation of the task is required.
●Documentation can be submitted electronically or posted in the mail.
Assessment Task 2 – Observation Checklist
Did the candidate?
Identify strategies to create a climate that encourages and allows for the receiving and giving of constructive feedback
Outline data collection methods
Apply transformational and transactional leadership practices
State the significance of the organisation’s mission, purpose and values
Evaluate leadership styles and adjust for different contexts
Examine ways to encourage collaboration
Draw upon personal expertise of self and relevant individuals to present methods to achieve strategic results
Discuss methods to seek and encourage contributions from relevant individuals
Model collaborative communication and learning approaches in the workplace
Outline approaches to cultivate existing and new collaborative and participative work relationships
Discussed importance of positively conveying organisational direction and values to relevant individuals and relevant stakeholders
Analyse the impact and role of leadership during organisational change
Explain organisational transformation and the management of the stages of change
Develop learning and communication solutions to address problems and risks arising for individuals during organisational change
Identify leadership styles and develop approaches to best respond to the impact of change on people and processes