For your approved topic submitted in
(China Southern Airlines)
research and write a 12 to 15-page (including cover page and references), double-spaced research paper in APA format, using the rubric as a guide. Identify current issues, regulations, and practices, and address related legal considerations on your chosen topic, using proper legal terminology throughout. You must cite at least 5 references, one of which can be our textbook, if applicable.
Airlines (China Southern Airlines)
- Select a specific commercial airline headquartered anywhere in the world, then:
- Describe the airline, its aircraft fleet, route structure and number of employees.
- Determine whether the airline is organized as a corporation with private ownership or is owned by the national government.
- Identify the governmental agency or authority responsible for regulation of the safety of the airline’s flight operations in its home nation.
- Describe the certification requirements, including minimum flight time, if any, for commercial airline flight deck crewmembers in the airline’s home nation.
- Identify the governmental agency or authority, if any, empowered to regulate the routes flown, rates charged, and other economic aspects of the airline’s flight operations.
- Determine the extent to which the airline’s fleet consists of owned vs. leased aircraft
- Identify and describe all accidents involving an aircraft operated by that airline since 1/01/2000, including the probable cause of each.
- Determine whether the airline’s pilots and maintenance personnel based in the airline’s home nation are represented by a labor union or unions and identify and describe any strike activity that may have disrupted airline operations since 1/01/2000.
- If neither the airline’s pilots nor its maintenance personnel are represented by a labor union or unions, discern whether a law of the airline’s home nation accounts for that and, if so, briefly describe that law.