prepare an OUTLINE on a psychological topic explored from the perspective of two or more cultures. A “psychological topic” can be any topic or issue that relates to human experience. Assume that the audience is unfamiliar with your topic and the cultures you discuss — your job will be to be as descriptive as possible to educate the audience.
Examples of past research assignments include:
- Beauty Customs in Hmong and Ethiopian cultures
- Domestic and International Human Trafficking
- Breakdancing in the U.S. and Japan
- Old School vs. New School Gospel Music
- Myths in Cherokee and Blackfoot Cultures
- Dimensions of Parenting Behaviors (comparison of Heterosexual and Homosexual parenting styles and outcomes on children).