- After reading and examining the case, write at least a one-page analysis by addressing each of the following:
- Briefly introduce the company and its history
- Briefly describe the products and/or services available—what are consumers purchasing online?
Describe the basic elements of the company business model:
- Core value proposition of the company—what is it offering, and how does it satisfy customer needs?
- Target market/audience—who uses this service?
- Revenue model—where does the money come from?
- Competitive environment—who else is competing in this market, or who might enter the market and threaten
this company’s position?
- Competitive advantage analysis—how is the company attempting to gain an advantage? Competing on cost?
- How are they promoting their products in the marketplace?
- How would you rate the company’s success (financial results if available)?
Be sure to answer at least ONE of the following questions:
- How has e-commerce impacted this business?
- How has an “e-commerce presence” provided this business with opportunities that otherwise would not have
Format your analysis paper by using Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spacing, and one-inch margins. There is
no need to include a title page nor a references page. Be sure to proofread your work before submitting it in Blackboard
Case Study Article link for article: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120716005…
- MarketLine. (2012). Play.com: The rapid rise of an online retailer.