Community Project: Modules 7 & 8
First: Defining your community.
For this section your will be telling me about the community in which you live. What is the: Median age, race(s), education level, location, etc. I tell students when completing this section, think about what information you would want to know about a community if you were looking at moving to a new city and did not have knowledge of the location. This section of the paper should be supported with references and citation. Make sure references are scholarly sources (.org, .gov, or .edu websites). Avoid narrowing down the community to a select group. Look for data for your whole county.
The following questions should be addressed:
- Describe the population that is being assessed?
- What is/are the race(s) of this population within the community?
- Are there boundaries of this group? If so, what are they?
- Does this community exist within a certain city or county?
- Are there general characteristics that separate this group from others?
- Education levels, birth/death rates, age of deaths, insured/uninsured?
- Where is this group located geographically…? Urban/rural?
- Why is a community assessment being performed? What purpose will it serve?
- How will information for the community assessment be collected?
i live in maryland,