It is important for educators to be aware of the organizations that exist to support families of young children. There are many federally, state, and locally supported resources available to help families learn about child development and help them support their child’s development as well as resources that help families advocate for and improve inclusive practices in early childhood programs.
For this assignment, take on the role of a teacher in a pre-K classroom. Your preschool is conducting a family event to promote community, state, and national organizations that help families having difficulty supporting their children’s growth and development. Each classroom teacher is required to develop a digital presentation for parents during the school event. Select a specific family need to be the focus of your presentation.
In a 10-12 slide digital presentation, include the following:
- A minimum of one state- NAEYC
- One national – PACCA
- Two community organizations that support families in need
- A brief description of each organization, and how it meets the needs of the family
- 1- https://www.cradlestocrayons.org/philadelphia/take-action/volunteer/
- 2- https://www.theonelessfoundation.org/our-impact
- Two different informational articles that provide families with information related to family support.
- Communication methods for families to share personal needs with their child’s teacher. At least one method should include the use of technology.
Support your assignment with 3-5 resources