Topic: Cryoablation of cancer tumors.
Assess the legislative and policy-making strategies specific to scope of practice and nursing roles that influence health care services and practice.
Controversial Treatments and Legislative Change
The group will choose a health care treatment option that is controversial and maybe costly. Describe the positive and negative benefits from the treatment, evidence of effectiveness, and the potential harm of a different treatment option. What strategies would you use to advocate for a legislative change in your state to influence insurance coverage for this treatment.
The assignment must have the following three topics:
- Describe the required process for legislative change to occur in your state.
- Describe a strategies that you would you use at the local and state level to advocate for a legislative change in your state that would influence insurance coverage for this treatment.
- Provide an estimated timeline for your legislative change to occur. Use the steps describe in required process for legislative change for your state.
- Description of the controversial treatment.
- Describe the social and legal controversy associated with the treatment.
- Describe the evidence that supports the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Evidence that does not support the controversial treatment.
- This will require research and support for what is written.
- Compare and contrast costs of controversial and traditional treatments
- Comparison of positive and negative benefits of controversial treatment
- Comparison of controversial and traditional treatments.
- Describe the process of legislative change in your state.
- Local and state level strategies you will use to advocate change.
- Estimated timeline for legislative change.
- is a fact-based Assignment that will not include your opinion.
- should be in your words after reading the scholarly and fact-based publications and have proper citations. There should be no quotations. The professor wants to hear your voice as a masters trained nurse.