Customer Relationship Skills
Write a short experiential piece on customer support. It should be your personal (real) experience.
Do not try and write an imaginary case. Future assignments will be based on this piece so please write it as honestly
as possible from the view of a customer. [Please read Assignment 3 to understand what this setting is all about. It can
be a bad experience with a mobile phone service provider, an over-the-counter service in a fast food outlet, supermarket,
theme park or just about any place, business or organisation.]
Important Note: Attempting to contact any emergency service to obtain data for this assignment is not permitted and
will automatically attract a zero mark for this assignment. Doing so is also an offence under the Commonwealth
Criminal Code Act and is punishable under Australian law.
Q1 – Name/type of Organisation (Not to exceed 30 words)
You are NOT to use any real name of person/s or the organisation/s involved. Kindly use pseudonyms for personal
names. For organisations, use ABC Phone Company, XYZ Supermarket, CDE Government Agency, etc.
Provide a short background (one-liner) to this organisation.
Q2 – Communication Method (Between 5 to 50 words)
State the communication method involved. If multiple methods, state all of them and the stages involved.
Q3 – Describe the Problem or Enquiry (About 500 words)
Write for the reader. Be as detailed as possible about your experience.
Q4 – Resolution or Proposal for Resolution (About 300 words)
Now write from the view of the other side as what could have been done to resolve the case. Outline steps or
processes that you may deem necessary for this to happen. If the case was resolved, explain how it was resolved.
Referencing is not a requirement of this assessment item. You need not write in third person.
Presentation Formatting Requirements (2 marks):
See section below under Presentation
Note: Failure to follow all the Presentation rules, eg. if you do not meet word limit for Q3 but meet for the others,
this is considered as not meeting word limit for all: no partial mark allocated.)
– be able to describe the basic customer relationship skills required in the support environment;
– be able to develop, refine and demonstrate the necessary technical writing skills to write concise and accurate customer contact reports;
|Be able to describe basic customer relationship skills in the support environment||Able to provide correct answers to all questions that relate to basic customer relationship skills; specific language and terminology used properly in context.|
|Presentation Formatting (as defined under Presentation section)||Meets all rules stated|
1. Avoid using dot points, bulleted points, numbered points in your work. Lists do not display your
understanding of the subject matter and may even appear disjointed to the reader/marker.
2. Meet word limits in each question (allowance of +/- 5%). Table of contents are not required and
the Reference list are not included in the word count.
3. Use either UK spelling or USA spelling but do not mix both.
4. All work presented should be carefully proofed, so that spelling and typographical errors are
5. No language used should be sexist.
6. If acronyms and jargon are used, please explain them in the first instance, then use the
abbreviated form in the rest of the report.
7. Appendices are not to be used.
8. Use of headings and sub-headings can be used for clarity.
9. It is important to get the balance right between the citing of referenced material and your
own interpretation and ideas. When using your own thoughts and ideas, you can signal the
reader by using words and phrases such as ‘it can be argued that…”, “it is evident that…” and
“it seems as though…”