This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO2 Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8)
- CO4 Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and lab significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 and 8)
- CO5 Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 and 8)
Access the following information. You may read the PDF online or download it.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Fast facts: The nursing workforce 2014: Growth, salaries, education, demographics & trends. ANA. https://www.nursingworld.org/globalassets/practiceandpolicy/workforce/fastfacts_nsgjobgrowth-salaries_updated8-25-15.pdf (Links to an external site.)
- Review the secondary data presented in the ANA Fast Facts and describe what the results say about this sample of the nursing workforce.
- Describe the purpose and the intent of the ANA sharing these results?
- The next process for our study is to collect data. The research design will indicate the best data to be collected. The tools that we use to collect data need to be reliable and valid. Define these terms with respect to research, and explain why they are important.
- Consider data collection and measurement methods for your nursing clinical issue. Explain how you would collect data and what measurement methods you would use.