Diagnostic Case Reports
Click here to go to the Faces of Abnormal Psychology website.(Google chrome recommended for this link)
There, you will see twelve different disorders listed. For this module, view the following disorders:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Paranoid Schizophrenia
After clicking a disorder, click the Diagnostic Overview tab in the left column. This will cover the major diagnostic features of the disorder. After that, click the DSM-5 Features tab. You can then go though the Case History, Interview, and Treatment sections on the website. You have to write a case report for each case study. You should use the format provided on the web page. There is a sample report that you can also view by clicking the link in the upper-right corner.
Write a 2 page case study for each disorder.
The format for the sample report is as follows:
Professors Joy Shabandar & Melissa Weeding
Maladaptive Behavior & Psychopathology | FP6005 BLW
- Outline the major symptoms of this disorder.
- Briefly outline the client’s background (age, race, occupations, etc.).
- Describe any factors in the client’s background that might predispose him or her to this disorder.
- Describe any symptoms that you have observed that support the diagnosis. You can include direct quotes or behaviors that you may have observed.
- Describe any symptoms or behaviors that are inconsistent with the diagnosis.
- Provide any information that you have about the development of this disorder.
- Did you observe any evidence of general medical conditions that might contribute to the development of this disorder?
- Did you observe any evidence of psychosocial and environmental problems that might contribute to this disorder?
- As per your observations, what is the client’s overall level of safety regarding potential harm to self or others (suicidality or homicidality)?
- What cross-cultural issues, if any, affect the differential diagnosis?
- In your opinion, what are the appropriate short-term goals of this intervention?
- In your opinion, what are the appropriate long-term goals of this intervention?
- Which therapeutic strategy seems the most appropriate in this case? Why?
- Which therapeutic modality seems the most appropriate in this case? Why?
- Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in the accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Include citations in the text and references at the end of the document in APA format.