Discuss the following terms and people in a couple of sentences.
2. industrious revolution
3. guild system
4. Navigation Acts
5. Treaty of Paris
6. Atlantic slave trade
–Using your text as the source, answer each of the following questions in a minimum of 4-6 sentences. Be sure to cite the pages from the text where you find your answer. Each question counts as a percentage of the assignment. If you fail to complete a question, then that percentage will automatically be deducted from the grade.
–Please see the rubric for how these will be graded.
Be sure to cite the page numbers from the text, and other resources to indicate where you found the material.
1. What was the enclosure movement and how did the enclosure movement alter land-use patterns?
2. Explain the differences between the cottage industry and the putting-out system?
3. What criticisms did Adam Smith offer of Europe’s traditional economy? What reforms did he advocate?
4. During the eighteenth century, the population of Europe underwent a sharp increase. What factors influenced that growth? What were the social consequences of population expansion?
5. While England was building a pre-eminent world empire and the greatest economic power base in Europe, its society was undergoing profound changes. Describe these changes, being sure to identify their causes and consequences.