This is important information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. Your postings should be qualitative and provide substantive depth that advances the discussion. Please see the Writing Center for assistance with writing, APA.
Case and Discussion 1
Please review the Discussion Board Participation grading rubric under Course Resources in the Grading Rubrics section.
This is important information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. Your postings should be qualitative and provide substantive depth that advances the discussion.
Please see the Writing Center located in the student portal for assistance with writing, APA, and online communication.
Differentiation and Management of Abdomen, Anus/Rectum, and Genitourinary Disorders
Please select a disorder of the GU, abdomen, anus/rectum systems (pelvic inflammatory disease, cervicitis, STDs, UTI, prostatitis, balanitis, urethritis, epididymitis, testicular torsion, hydrocele, epispadias, rectal prolapse, hemorrhoids, GERD, appendicitis, cholecystitis) and answer the following questions:
- What are the presenting symptoms?
- How is it distinguished from other similar disorders (assessment findings, common in particular age/sex or ethnic group, etc.)?
- What is your first intervention?
- How will you confirm the diagnosis?
- What is the appropriate treatment?
- Write a prescription to treat the illness (if applicable or refer to appropriate specialty if needed) that includes (patient name, date, name of drug, dose, and strength, quantity to dispense, directions of how often to take the medicine, and number of refills).
- When will you schedule a follow-up appointment and what is your plan on the follow up visit
Case and Discussion 2
A 21-year-old women comes to your office with a 2 day history of right ear pain. She reports that the ear pain began shortly after taking scuba diving lessons. She describes the pain as “a pressure” and also notes “crackling” in the right ear and periodically feeling dizzy.
- What other associated symptoms should you ask about?
- How does the time course help to distinguish among different causes of ear pain?
- How does the age of the patient help with narrowing the diagnostic possibilities?
- What diagnostic tests do you want to include to help you with your diagnosis?
- Create a differential diagnosis flowsheet for this patient and include the diagnostics as well as the pharmacological management and rationale related to the differentials.