Evaluate how aggressive behavior may be influenced by the relationships
due in 48 hours
APA 7TH EDITION
more details and resources attached in document
Use the Capella Library and the Internet to research social psychology theory related to aggression; self-concept and self-efficacy; workplace aggression; de-escalation of aggression, training activities, et cetera.
The deliverable for this assessment is an Aggression Intervention Training Program for handling potential situations of aggression, based on your own professional setting. This assessment requires you to apply research and creativity to develop a product you could use in professional life.
Assume the role in the scenario for the professional setting you currently work in, or a setting from your past experience.
Due to your training and expertise in social psychology, your agency (or company) director has asked you to design a training activity/intervention for staff to identify and manage potential aggression in your work environment, and to promote positive outcomes.
Design a research-based Aggression Intervention Training Program for staff to minimize aggression, within a setting from your professional experience. You may use the format of your choice for the deliverable, such as a report, proposal, et cetera.
Reflect on the prompts listed below each scoring guide criterion, as you develop this assessment.
- Evaluate how aggressive behavior may be influenced by the relationships, groups, and culture in a setting.
- What elements or conditions of the setting could contribute to potential aggressive behaviors?
- Are modifications in the environment needed?
- Are changes needed in the culture?
- Apply social psychological theory, research, and methods to design intervention training to minimize aggression in a specific setting.
- What does a staff person need to understand about their own reactions and triggers?
- How can staff quickly assess the aggressor’s own self-concept?
- What methods or techniques could staff use to minimize or de-escalate aggressive situations or behaviors?
- Use examples of aggressive behavior to illustrate interventions.
- Apply principles of social psychological and methods to design interventions that promote self-esteem and self-efficacy for clients and staff.
- Explain principles and methods that:
- Improve clients’ self-esteem.
- Support clients’ self-efficacy.
- Explain principles and methods that:
- Recommend future training to complement and enhance the Aggression Intervention Training.
- Support positions with references from scholarly and professional literature.
The Aggression Intervention Training must include the following:
- Describe the professional setting used as the basis for the assessment.
- Program Focus and Structure.
- Explain the focus of the aggression intervention plan—for example, sexual harassment/aggression, physical, male-on-male, female-on-male, male-on-female, workplace violence, domestic violence, dealing with violent clients or patients, et cetera.
- Outline the structure of the program—length, format, et cetera.
- Goals and Objectives.
- Identify primary goals and objectives related to the particular focus of the plan for the identified setting.
- Design interventions to minimize aggression.
- Design interventions that promote self-esteem and self-efficacy for clients and staff.
- Construct a Pre and Post-test on attitudes toward aggression.
- Recommendations for follow up training.
- Include an evaluation of Assertiveness Training as a complement to the Aggression Intervention Program.
- Length: Maximum length is 5 pages.
- Written communication: Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and APA format and style.
- References: Include a minimum of five peer-reviewed references. Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.