explain and answer all the equation in couple of sentences per question (not topic )
FASB and Standard Setting
1.Describe the role of the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
2. Describe the primary purpose of financial reporting.
1.List the components of an external financial report.
2. Define accruals and deferrals and give examples of each.
Financial Accounting Standards Codification
1.Describe the goals and purpose of the Codification.
2. Identify the main areas of the Codification.
Conceptual Framework of Financial Reporting by Business Enterprises
1.Describe the objective of financial reporting.
2. Describe the qualitative characteristics of accounting information.
Assumption and Accounting Principles
1.List and describe the assumptions in the conceptual framework.
2. List and describe the principles in the conceptual framework.
Constraint and Present Value
1. List and describe the constraints in the conceptual framework.
2. Describe how cash flow and present value are used in accounting measurements.
Fair Value Framework
1. Define “fair value” for accounting purposes.
2. Describe the individual components of the fair value definition and how each component impacts the application of the definition.
Inputs and Hierarchy
1.Distinguish between observable and unobservable inputs in determining fair value.
2. Describe the three levels of the fair value hierarchy and give examples of each.
1 Describe significant disclosures required for assets, liabilities, and equity items measured at fair value on a recurring basis.
2. Describe significant disclosures required for assets, liabilities, and equity items measured at fair value on a nonrecurring basis.
Identify the measurement bases used to measure the items on the Balance Sheet.
2. Distinguish between a current and noncurrent asset or liability.
1.List and define the components of the Income Statement.
2. Identify the difference between economic income and accounting income.
Statement of Comprehensive Income
1.Define “comprehensive income.”
2.List the components of other comprehensive income.
Statement of Changes in Equity
1.Identify the components included in the Statement of Owners’ Equity.
2.Construct a Statement of Owners’ Equity
Statement of Cash Flows -Sources and Uses of Cash
1.Describe the purpose of a Statement of Cash Flows.
2.Define and identify cash equivalents and restricted cash.
Operating, Investing, and Financing Activities
1.Distinguish what items are included in cash flows from operations using the direct method.
2. Distinguish what items are included in cash flows from investing activities.
Operating Cash Flows – Indirect Method
1. Construct the operating section on the Statement of Cash Flows using the indirect method.
2. Evaluate the similarities and differences in the Statement of Cash Flows under the direct and indirect methods.