- FINAL EXAM–submit here by 5:00 p.m. on June 28th.The following two questions relate to guidance that you might provide to, and/or information that may inform your work with your clients in your work as a sport psychologist at some time in the future. Answer each of the following questions IN YOUR OWN WORDS. NOTE: You will receive the most points for responses that are written using words and phrases and sentences that are very distinct from your source material. If you plan to rephrase material, one sentence at a time, from our textbook of from another source, your grade will suffer. Instead of doing this, read all of the material related to the questions and make sure that you understand the concepts. Then, and only then, type your response in your own voice, using your own sentence structure and your own words.Grammar, spelling, word choice, etc. count as part of your grade. You may use your text, your notes, and the internet as resources in preparing your answers. You MAY NOT work with other students.1. If you had to choose only ONE type of goal setting, which one would you select based upon research, and why? Give an example of a goal, in order to support your choice. Explain why it is the right approach. In your answer, also explain SPECIFICALLY how goal setting, using your choice, will help the client make the most of the first three ways that goal setting improves athletic performance.[two paragraphs]Worth 40 points2. APPLY ANY 5 OF THESE CONCEPTS OR GROUPS OF CONCEPTS TO THE SCENARIO EXPLAINED BELOW:
- selective attention and attentional narrowing and attentional flexibility (all three of these concepts together count as one concept/group)
- thought stopping and centering (these two concepts together count as one concept/group)
- time-to-event nature of precompetitive anxiety
- coping strategies
- progressive relaxation or autogenic training or deep breathing or meditation (do not use more than one of the 4 concepts in this bullet item)
You may choose any one other concept of sport psychology from our textbook that is not listed here to use as one of your 5 concepts. You may NOT use goal setting in your response.For each of the 5 concepts you have chosen:
- describe/define it,
- give information about the types or functions of the concept, and
- write about how you would apply the concept in order to help this athlete.
* * * Remember that this entire assignment must be completed IN YOUR OWN WORDS.Jamal is a freshman in high school. He has played AAU basketball all his life and was considered one of the top eighth-grade players in the DC metropolitan area. He was highly recruited by several area high schools. He chose to attend one of the basketball powerhouse schools. When he started to attend summer workouts with his prospective new coaches and teammates, he noticed that he was given little attention by his new coaches. Any attention that he did receive from coaches seemed to center on the idea that he was not playing “aggressively” enough. When the time came to split the athletes into teams for summer-league play, he was placed with less talented players. Jamal’s confidence and motivation began to weaken. He plays as if he is overthinking things. In the fall, he chose not to show up to most of the “optional” workouts at his new school. Following a week of tryouts, he was placed on the freshman team. He did not make the Varsity team or even the JV. How can you help him to restart his excellent athletic career?[five paragraphs—no introduction or conclusion paragraphs]Worth 60 points
Rather than being the cheapest, this online essay writing service is cost-effective. We are confident in our writers’ ability to do a good job because we hire the best experts and perform quarterly reviews of satisfaction metrics.
+1 (940) 905-5542