The financial statement analysis is due in Week Six. To help you begin your preparation of this work, select a company that you will do the analysis of. Write at least a 200 word summary identifying the firm that you selected, summarizing why you selected it, and explaining the items that a financial analyst might find useful within its Annual Report.
Additionally, read the Forbes article: “12 Lessons from the Warby Parkers Annual Report (Links to an external site.)” and explain which of these 12 lessons may apply to your company selection.
This is the week six assignment referenced above, I only need the 200 word summary listed above right now, I will repost the week six assignment later.
Financial Statement Analysis
Prepare an eight- to ten-page fundamental financial analysis (excluding appendices, title page, abstract, and references page) that will cover each of the following broad areas based on the financial statements of your chosen company:
- Provide a background of the firm, industry, economy, and outlook for the future.
- Analyze the short term liquidity of the firm.
- Analyze the operating efficiency of the firm.
- Analyze the capital structure of the firm.
- Analyze the profitability of the firm.
- Conclude with recommendations for the future analysis of the company (trend analysis).
Writing the Final Paper
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.