Consider the Library Management case study covered in Chapter 1 of the textbook where the fictitious University of Wonderland (UWON) wants to convert its library system into a new system to ensure more effective access to state-of-the-art books, periodicals and proceedings while reducing operational costs. The current system consists of multiple unconnected library subsystems, one for each UWON department. Each department subsystem is responsible for its own library according to department-specific procedures for book acquisition, user registration, loan management, bibliographical search and access to library resources. Such services are essentially manual in most UWON libraries.
Write a four to five (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Determine the following from the case study descriptions of the library:
- five (5) strategic objectives
- five (5) functional services
- five (5) environmental assumptions
- Generate five (5) descriptive statements from the case study descriptions of the library.
- Generate five (5) prescriptive statements from the case study descriptions of the library.
- Create one (1) weighted matrix, using Microsoft Word, for evaluating an alternative to keeping the current journal subscription system where journals relevant to one department are subscribed to on the departmentâ€™s budget and journal issues are mailed to the department. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Identify five (5) requirements that might need to be prioritized in view of resource limitations. Perform a cost-value prioritization of the requirements using the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) process.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment