Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Q1. Give a numerical example for Variable Costing Contribution Format Income Statement that is used for the internal decision-making and compare with the traditional income statement prepared by absorption costing that is used for the external reporting. Prepare the two income statements assuming the following (2.5 marks)
- There is no inventory.
- There is beginning inventory.
- There is end of period inventory
- Explain and comment on the reasons for differences in the results
Q2. Define the master budget and use your own figures to prepare the following quarter budgets: (2.5 marks)
- Sales budget
- Production budget with ending inventory.
- Raw material budget with ending inventory.
- Direct labor budget
- Manufacturing overhead budget.