Assignment 2: Innovation and Communication Presentation
Listed below are the names of some of the world’s top technology-related innovators. They have also been called leaders, entrepreneurs, disrupters, or good old-fashioned trouble-makers. They have gone against the odds, rattling stale industries to build new ones. Recognize their names? Not likely, though you may instantly recognize their product, technology, or scientific inventions, which have made headlines. However, their success would not be possible without the effective management of team members. For this assignment, you are required to choose two people from the list and create a PowerPoint presentation.
First, choose two leaders from the list below: (I already picked two)
- Diane Greene <<——- I would pick her first
- Mark Gorton <<———– and this guy for the second
Now, respond to the following:
- Utilize your research and identify the methods these innovators or leaders are using to communicate through technology in an effort to remain relevant in their industries.
- Explain how technology has advanced each of their businesses, leading to growth.
- Determine if innovative products, such as Google X, iWatch, or the new Cardboard Bike, can be linked to transformational or transactional leadership. Defend your position.
- Self-managed teams are often used to hide inventions from public view. Utilizing your research, identify ways managers and project leaders working under constraints can accomplish this.
Develop a 4–6-slide presentation in PowerPoint format. Include detailed speaker notes in your presentation. Utilize at least two scholarly sources (in addition to your textbook) to complete your research, referencing sources within the text and at the end in a reference list. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.ppt.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship through accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.