1) Eastern Mountain Sports used a successful multistep sales
technique that included recommending special socks using the RSS feed.
2) E-procurement is the process of distributing materials and
3) E-marketplaces have resulted in lower purchasing and
4) Private, public, and consortia are three types of
5) Front end refers to the activities that support online
order fulfillment, inventory management, purchasing from suppliers, payment
processing, packaging, and delivery.
6) In marketing, an intermediary is a third party that
operates between sellers and buyers. Intermediaries of all kinds offer their
services on the Web.
7) Electronic storefronts, Internet malls, and exchanges are
major B2B e-marketplaces.
8) A portal is an information gateway that attempts to
address information overload by enabling people to search and access relevant
information from disparate IT systems and the Internet, using advanced search
and indexing techniques, such as Google’s desktop.
9) Intermediaries play
an important role in EC by providing value-added services such as making payment
arrangements to buyers and sellers.
10) WebMD, which is the largest U.S. medical services
company, is known mainly for its webmd.com consumer portal, but its core
business is being an e-intermediary.
11) An electronic shopping cart is an order-processing
technology that allows customers to accumulate items they wish to buy while
they continue to shop.
12) Search engines not only “search and match,” but
also have capabilities that can be used to perform routine tasks that require