Whistleblowing in public service
For Individual Writing Assignment: Critical Debate, students are to select one of the following questions and prepare a properly structured paper that argues either the ‘Pro’ or ‘Con’ side of the question.
Should be encouraged in the in Canada?
Should the bureaucracy be politically neutral in the federal and provincial governments in Canada?
Do Performance Management Systems Lead to Better Accountability and Governance in the Canadian public service?
Word Count: Minimum: 1,800 words; Maximum: 2,000 words.
Students are to provide documented evidence in the form of at least ten third party citations taken from text books, academic journals, government sources, the news media or other literature to support their work.
The word limit is inclusive of quotations and students should present their ideas thoughtfully and succinctly. The bibliography is not counted as part of the word limit.
– Clearly stated, creative, original and insightful
– Presents a Point of View (POV) based on a critical analysis of factual evidence and relevant theory Background and Course Content
– Contains relevant background information
– Includes at least six third party citations
– Draws upon course text and lecture material Research, Supporting Data and Analysis
– Refers to a full range of relevant current resources (course materials, external sources), and other research
– Uses relevant data, analyses and conclusions
– Includes a critical analysis of the sources used
– Minimum and maximum word counts are respected Conclusions
– Are clear, creative, and insightful
– Contain a clear, cogent reiteration of, and support for, the central points of the thesis Writing Style and Essay Structure
– Essay is very well organized
– Central ideas are presented very clearly, cogently, and effectively
– There is critical analysis and integration of ideas throughout the paper
Grammar and Mechanics
– Inclusive of a separate title page
– Minimal spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
– 12-pt Arial font
– One-inch wide margins on all four sides
– Written in MS-Word Added to cart