dents, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Assignment 3: Trade Secrets
Due Week 7 and worth 100 points
The Justice Department has a compiled report that may be beneficial to this assignment located at http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usab5705.pdf.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Analyze two (2) issues involved in investigating economic espionage and trade secrets to determine the direct and indirect impact to the organization and the security methods needed to prevent or mitigate the impact of further incidents.
- Compare economic espionage to misappropriation of trade secrets to determine which creates a greater damage to the victim. Identify potential remedies.
- Describe how the investigation and prosecution of the misappropriation of a trade secret is accomplished without divulging the trade secret.
- Describe the complications introduced if the economic espionage or misappropriation of a trade secret involved is a foreign entity.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Outline the process of investigating crimes and security incidents.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security assessment and solutions.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to security assessment and solutions using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
here to view the grading rubric.