This reading will give you a first-hand account of how one of the greatest thinkers of Christianity became a convert. His path to faith took him through other belief systems and deep introspection before he finally committed his life to Christ.
- This assignment is completely open as far as the content for the response, but you should present an orderly essay with an introduction and conclusion.
- After reading the book, find one or two topics that you thought were interesting or thought-provoking and then write about them.
- Please do not make more than two points about the text because your reflection has a word limit.
- The idea is to reflect on minimal points or topics of interest but to engage them deeply.
- You should also refrain from summarizing large portions of the book. It is a reflection on Augustine, not a book report.
- Your reflection should be between 600-800 words (no more).
Text to use: St. Augustine. Confessions. Trans. Henry Chadwick. Indianapolis: Hackett, 1993. ISBN 9780199537822.