Write a 350- to 700-word essay comparing and contrasting White privilege and colorism.
Organize your paper as an essay with introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs.
Define all terms used in your essay.
Include answers to the following questions:
- What is White privilege?
- If you are White, what are examples you can think of where you have experienced and/or currently experience White privilege? If you are a person of color, what are some examples of being denied privilege due to your color?
- What other kinds of characteristics convey privilege in American society, such as male, wealthy, beautiful, stature, or education? How do they provide privilege?
- Can you think of privileges that are available in some social contexts or not in others (i.e. change as one moves from one place or social setting to another)? Provide some examples.
- Based on the video, “A Question of Color”, what is colorism? How did this idea develop, and what are its roots?
- To what extent does colorism exist within each minority community in the U.S.? Give some examples.
Cite and reference in APA style all sources of information used.