- Collateral Within this section, you will interpret specific collateral information as it relates to your patientâ€™s abnormal behavior and behavior patterns. You will also integrate information and knowledge regarding the patientâ€™s culture in your evaluation of the maladaptive behavior as reported by the collateral sources.Typically, this section within a psychological report seeks to answer the following questions (further elaboration within this section is encouraged where possible):
- What do other people have to say about the patientâ€™s behavior?
- Are there any commonalities between the collateral sourcesâ€™ reports?
- Do the collateral sources have any psychological issues that might exacerbate the patientâ€™s problems?
- Are there any police reports?
- Are there any personality testing or intelligence testing reports available?
Your assignment should be a minimum of one page and include sufficient depth and detail to support and inform your diagnostic impression. A title page is not necessary; however, a reference page must be included. A cursory or surface level investigation of the patientâ€™s interpersonal relationships will not provide enough information for your diagnostic impression. If no collateral information is available, create collateral information on your own to inform your diagnostic impression.
Any sources used in the paper must be cited and referenced in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.