There are numerous theories that link higher performance with higher pay, and other theories that indicate higher performance is not necessarily a function of higher pay. Discuss how higher pay affects performance, including within the short-term and long-term, and whether pay is a good tool to utilize to raise employee performance. Then answer the following two questions using the question and answer (Q&A) format; include the original question along with your response. Within your post, support your responses with information from at least one peer-reviewed/scholarly source (not older than 3-5 years) from the CSU Global online library or the internet, and provide the full citation at the end. Use APA guidelines to format your references.
- Identify and define one theory on motivation.
- How can this theory be applied to make a compensation practice effective?
Your initial posting should be well-researched, contain at least 300 words, and must be submitted by Thursday, midnight, of this week. Your initial post must meet APA guidelines and include at least one scholarly reference from course materials. The two reply posts to your fellow students must be similarly substantive in a manner and address two of the following bullets:
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, a website) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic