Jana works in a long-term care facility that cares for all types of patients. Jana receives emails from multiple co-workers throughout the day, but today she received the following email from Sean:
I noticed that I DIDNâ€™T receive your monthly report yesterday. I NEED to get it as soon as possible TODAY so that I can finish the final report.
- Explain how Jana might perceive the tone of this email.
- Would she feel that Sean is yelling at her or angry?
- Would she feel that Sean is expressing urgency in the matter?
- Based on your discussion above, do you perceive Seanâ€™s tone to be appropriate or inappropriate?
- As a manager, if you had an employee approach you about their discomfort over the tone of the email, explain how you would address the use of capitalization in an email.