Prepare a 10- to 12- slide presentation describing the difference between routine and critical incidents.
Choose five (5) incidents, with at least two from your area, and label each as a routine or a critical incident.
Answer the following questions within the notes for each incident:
- What was the nature and cause of the incident?
- Who were the responders to the incident and how did they overcome the incident?
- How long did it take to respond and recover from the incident?
- Who was affected by the incident? Local residents, business, community, state, nation, world?
- Did the incident attract a media response and if so, was the media localized, national, or global?
- Do you feel the response was a success or needed improvement? Why?
Summarize in a concluding slide(s) the factors that differentiate a routine from a critical incident. Use the five incidents as examples.
Format your slides consistent with APA guidelines.