Visit the OWL site, Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing, to answer the following questions:
- What are the differences between quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing?
- Are researchers required to provide in-text citations and a References page entry for all three? Why or why not?
- What are three ways to avoid plagiarism?
After reading Parts 1 and 2 in the Writing Guide, explain what it means to make choices in writing. To provide a framework for your response, imagine you are trying to convince someone to vote for a new school initiative and answer the following questions.
- If you know that the other person sees the issue differently than you do, what strategy would you take to draw him/her to your way of thinking?
- What choices would you be faced with?
- Click here to download a copy of the EBSCOhost practice assignment.
- Save the document by renaming it with this naming convention: “EN102_yourlastname_yourfirstname_yourGID”
- As you complete the assignment, write your answers on the template (it is a Word document).
- Attach this document when you are submitting your responses to this assignment.
- This assignment does not require APA citations; however, you should identify any words or ideas you draw from your readings.
- Assignment should be formatted in basic APA format: 1-inch margins, page numbers at the top right of the page, 12 point Times New Roman Font.
Here is the link to the Writing Guide :