Healthy Hospital has hired you (an HIM professional) to assist with the risk analysis program for identifying and preventing medical identity theft.
- What measures to prevent and detect identify theft should be reported to Healthy Hospital?
- You may find this document helpful to utilize when answering this question. Raising Awareness of Medical Identity Theft: For Consumers, Prevention Starts with Guarding, Monitoring Health Information download the assignment overview to open in word. Once open, hold down the ctrl key & click this link. OR copy the original link to the article. http://bok.ahima.org/doc?oid=85512#.WNvqO28rLX5
Omar has recently been hired as the HIM Director at a large medical center. He realizes that he has a number of employees whose job duties would allow them to work from home. Because his boss has asked him for a space reduction proposal, he recognizes the need to implement a work-at-home program for his employees.
- What steps should Omar take in developing a security program for the employees who will work from home? You may find it helpful to utilize these two resources:
- AHIMA Practice Brief: This document provides additional policy and procedure guidance for remote access. Hold down the ctrl key & click on this link to locate the document: Safeguards for Remote Access.
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology: The NIST provides guidance for implementing the HIPAA Security Rule. Hold down the ctrl key & click on this link to locate the document: Implementing HIPAA Security Rule.
- Develop a checklist of considerations, along with a list of resources that would facilitate his security program. You might find the following website helpful. http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9025253/HIPAA_audit_The_42_questions_HHS_might_ask. Computerworld published a list of the 42 questions that HHS might ask which was developed about the first HIPAA security audit at Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta. You can use this document to develop your own checklist. Do not copy & paste any information. The document should have your own personal touch and be typed in your own words. IF quoting anything, be sure to provide the statements in quotes. Also, include your references used. For example: textbook page, website link/address, etc.