In this third course project deliverable, you will create an infrastructure design that considers the key elements of software, hardware, security, and business process flow for your e-commerce startup company. You will also use graphical tools to create a supporting data flow diagram (DFD) for your infrastructure design. The infrastructure design provides an opportunity to visualize the key elements and how they are connected for maximum effectiveness.
This assignment consists of two-parts:
Part 1: Infrastructure Design
You will create an 8–10-page infrastructure design document to include key technical elements for your hypothetical e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure.
Part 2: Updated Gantt Chart
You will use Microsoft Project to again update the supporting project Gantt chart begun in your first course project deliverable:
- You are not creating a new Gantt chart, only updating the one you created in the previous assignment with the major and minor tasks uncovered while creating the infrastructure design document.
- You are to create or assume all necessary assumptions to successfully complete this assignment.
- You must submit both parts as separate files to the assignment area. Label each file name according to the appropriate part.
InstructionsPart 1: Infrastructure Design
Create an 8–10-page infrastructure design document in which you:
- Identify the major hardware and software components of your hypothetical e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure.
- Design your e-commerce company’s hardware (database and proxy servers, network equipment) and software (analytics, big data, API, content management) from a size, scale, type, and interoperability standards perspective.
- Document the potential security vulnerabilities and a security design for your e-commerce company.
- Use graphical tools to create a data flow diagram (DFD) for your e-commerce company.
Use three sources to support your writing.
- Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Access the library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and citation.
Part 2: Updated Gantt Chart
Use Microsoft Project to update the previously created Gantt chart with the major and minor tasks identified in the infrastructure design document.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for the infrastructure design portion of your assignment to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.