In your position as chief investigator for your department, you have been asked by the Director of the Police Academy to draft an informative document to new police cadets at the academy regarding the importance of the exclusionary rule in the investigative process. You recognize this as a great opportunity to discuss this important matter with these future officers. You also want to make sure that you do not get so technical with your explanation in your document that the cadets feel like they are in a fourth-year law class at a university. You have decided that you will develop an essay of 750–1,000 words in which you will discuss the following specific issues:
- List and define the 3 exceptions to the Exclusionary Rule.
- Why did the Supreme Court create the Exclusionary Rule?
- Explain briefly why the Exclusionary Rule cannot be found in the U.S. Constitution.
- Discuss how the Exclusionary Rule can cause the loss of an otherwise good case in court.
- What is the impact of the Exclusionary Rule on police practice in criminal investigations?
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.