In this assignment, you will evaluate two hypothetical
criminal cases in terms of inmate release. Imagine you are the authority
figure in connection with these cases.
Significant overcrowding in the prison system means these two inmates
must receive early release; your task is to determine what form that
release should take.
- Scenario A: Inmate A, a former addict, was convicted of
selling drugs and has served two years of a four-year sentence. This
first-time offender has been a model inmate.
- Scenario B: Inmate B was convicted of a white-collar crime,
embezzlement, and has served nine months of a three-year sentence. This
first-time offender has been reported for aggressive behavior.
Write a 2-3 page Essay explaining the decisions you
would make regarding release in each of these scenarios and your reasons
for doing so. Address the following components in your paper:
- Describe the possible methods that could be used to release each inmate into the community.
- Select the release method you would assign to each criminal.
- Provide a thorough explanation for each of your decisions.
- You should write at least one page in response to each scenario.
Be sure to address all prompts and cite your sources in APA format. Submit your final draft to the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59PM (Mountain).