Activity 2: One-Week Integrated Math and Science Inquiry Lesson Plan
1. Select a unit topic or theme with instructor approval, and develop a one-week lesson plan to include:
- the goal (purpose) of the unit: What will the children learn?
- the 12 math concepts studied
- daily objectives
- plan daily activities
- use children’s literature to support the daily objective
- authentic assessment for an activity to see if the students learned the daily objective
2. Use pages 60-64 in the textbook and your Activity Card assignment as a guide. The lesson plan will include:
- 12 Math/Science concepts in teaching activities
- independent activities
- hands-on activities
- center-based activities (games, finger plays, songs, food, etc.)
- appropriate literature
- authentic student assessment of daily activities
3. In each of the 15 activity blocks:
- you will use three concepts twice
- write the Math/Science concept in the block and highlight it in yellow
4. See the attached example of a one-day lesson plan with a theme of Farm Animals.
- Do NOT use Farm Animals as a theme.