Read the course material and additional readings, as necessary.
Write a 3- to 5-page description of the research methods you will use to address your research question in your final proposal.
- Participants: Include a revised version of what you wrote for your participant recruitment plan.
- Instruments: Provide a concise description of the specific instruments you plan to propose to use. Include a brief discussion of each instrument’s psychometric properties (i.e., purpose, validity, reliability, etc.). Include the scoring procedure for each instrument. If you are proposing a qualitative study, describe your interview questions or whatever other instrument you will be using to gather data here.
- Procedures: Describe specifically how you will propose to carry out your study.
Use appropriate APA style and citations.
Some required reading that may help of course you can step outside of this list
- Advanced Methods in Family Therapy Research, Ch. 12–15, 18, & 19
- Baucom, D. H., Hahlweg, K., & Kuschel, A. (2003). Behavior Therapy, 34, 179–188.
- Corrigan, P. W., & Salzer, M. S. (2003). . Evaluation and Program Planning, 26, 109–121.
- Matthews, E. E., Cook, P. F., Terada, M., & Aloia, M. S. (2010). . Research in Nursing & Health, 33, 243–253.
- Crane, E. R. (1985). . Family Process, 24, 69–77.
- Lundervold, D. A., & Belwood, M. F. (2000). . Journal of Counseling and Development, 78, 92–102.
- Lavee, Y., & Ben-Ari, A. (2007). . Journal of Marriage and Family, 69, 1021–1035.
- Starr, L. R., & Davila, J. (2011). . Behaviour Research and Therapy, 50, 131–141.
- Whalen, C. K., Odgers, C. L., Reed, P. L., & Henker, B. (2011). . Journal of Family Psychology, 25, 402–411.
- Breen, R. (2007). . Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 30(3), 463–475.
- Flicker, S., Travers, R., Guta, A., McDonal, S., & Meagher. (2007). . Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine, 84, 478–493.