For the Module 2 SLP you will continue to apply the concepts from the background materials to your own personal experiences in the workplace. Think carefully about Hersey and Blanchardâ€™s Situational Leadership model and the four leadership styles of Directing, Coaching, Supporting, and Delegating. Then consider the styles of one or more of the supervisors you have worked with, and reflect upon whether or not their style changed depending on the situation.
After doing some reflecting on your own experience and reviewing the background materials, write a two- to three-page paper addressing the following issues:
- In general, would you describe your supervisorâ€™s style as Directing, Coaching, Supporting, or Delegating?
- Did you ever notice any of your supervisors changing their leadership style depending on the situation? If so, explain what you observed and discuss whether or not you think your supervisor followed the Situational Leadership model. If not, discuss a situation when you think your supervisor should have changed their style but did not.
- Would you recommend that your supervisor take a training seminar on the Situational Leadership model, Fiedlerâ€™s Contingency model, or the Path-Goal model? Explain your reasoning.
- Follow the assignment instructions closely and follow all steps listed in the instructions
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions, don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials
- List supporting references and cite sources in proper format
- Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
- Include both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the â€œWriting Style Guideâ€, which is found under â€œMy Resourcesâ€ in the TLC portal.